Before make a printer connection do following things,
- Install your printer and make it as share, (Click to know about windows printer share)
- Install samba and configure (Click to know about samba configuration).
- Install CUPS in Linux for printer configuration.
- Open browser and type http://localhost:631 hit enter.
- Click Add Printer.
- Give Name for printer and click continue. ( Other are optional ).
- Choose Device from list (Windows Printer via SAMBA) and click continue.
- Give the device URI , smb://[workgroup/]server[:port]/printer (workgroup and port are optional, printer is name of the printer in windows machine). Then click Continue. ex. smb://MYGROUP/10.1.1.20/HPOfficeJet
- Next want to choose correct printer model. Shound choose correct printer model. It it not in list, try to choose printer as much as close to your printer.
- That's all.